1. About this Policy
Plant Delivery Service Qld appreciates that our customers value their privacy and we are committed to handling any personal information entrusted to us in a way which fully complies with all legal requirements under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
This policy also includes our Credit Reporting Policy, which governs how we manage information you provide us in relation to our decision to defer payment for services we provide to you. This information is referred to as ‘credit information’.
The use of the word ‘we’ in this Policy refers to us – Stade Enterprises Pty Ltd ATF Woodhall Family Trust, trading as Plant Delivery Service Qld.
2. What information do we collect?
Information we collect from you may include:
- your identification details (name, address etc);
- your contact details (including, if you have contacted us via email, your email address);
- you insurance information; or
- other identification information, such as vehicle information.
In most cases, the only information we collect will be directly from you, unless you give permission to a third party to provide us with this information (for example, your insurance company).
In some cases we may collect and hold publicly available information about you from other sources (for example, we may collect your phone number from White Pages, Yellow Pages or Google).
You may choose to provide us with information about your health where it is necessary for us to be informed so that we can provide an appropriate service for your needs and vehicle (for example, if you use a wheelchair).
3. How will we use your information?
Your information will be used for the purpose for which it was collected – for example, to help respond to your enquiries, or to provide you with the appropriate services for your needs.
Your information may also be used to communicate services or offers to you which we believe may be of interest to you. If you prefer that we don’t use your information for this purpose, please contact us via the methods outlined under heading 7.
If you prefer to make an anonymous or pseudonymous enquiry about our services, we will not retain any of your personal information; however we must retain information if we are to provide you with our services.
4. How do we hold your information?
We appreciate that your information is private and you want it to remain that way. We will use our best endeavours to maintain its integrity by protecting it from any misuse, interference, loss, or unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. However, we are not liable for any illegal access to your information which occurs without our consent.
Our records are kept in digital form. Our digital information is backed up on a weekly basis to ensure it is safely kept. Information which we no longer require is suitably destroyed.
5. Will your information be disclosed to anyone, and if so, why?
Your information may be passed on internally to our employees, or to particular third parties who assist us with providing you with services. For example, we may disclose your information to:
- delivery companies;
- insurance companies or brokers; or
- third party suppliers and agents.
If your information is disclosed to a third party, the Privacy Act requires that that third party can only use the information for the purpose it was disclosed (for example, providing you with smash repair services). We may also need to disclose information where it is required by law or we are permitted to disclose it under the Privacy Act.
Your information will never be sold to any third party.
6. Credit Reporting Policy – how is your credit information collected, held and disclosed?
From time to time, Plant Delivery Service Qld may, at its discretion, provide our customers with credit in connection with our services by deferring repayment for those services for seven days or more.
As we’ve outlined, the information we collect in relation to our decision to provide you with credit is known as ‘credit information’. Credit information includes things like your repayment information (if we have granted you credit previously),
This information also includes ‘identification information’ such as:
- your name
- your phone number
- your email, postal and residential address; and
- your date of birth.
This information will be collected via a Credit Application Form which we will provide to you.
Once we have collected this information, in order to determine whether credit may be given, we may provide your identification information to a credit reporting body. The credit reporting body will then provide us with information about you which is known as ‘credit eligibility information’.
Credit eligibility information may include:
- default information (payments which you owe to other credit providers that have remained outstanding for more than 60 days);
- court proceedings information (information regarding any judgment of an Australian Court which relates to credit provided to you);
- personal insolvency information (information relating to any bankruptcy, debt agreement proposal, debt agreement, personal insolvency agreement, or direction given or order made under the Bankruptcy Act in relation to you); or
- information derived from the information above by credit reporting bodies (such as credit scores).
Your credit information and credit eligibility information will be held in the same manner as we hold your other information, which is explained under item 4. You can access and seek the correction of your credit information or credit eligibility information under the same methods described under item 7.
7. How can you find out what information we hold about you and access and correct it?
Phone: (07) 3390 1177
Fax: (07) 3245 7007
Mail: PO Box 848, Broadbeach QLD 4218
We will require your name, address and/or email address to provide you with access to your personal information. We will also require proof of identity (such as a driver’s licence). This is to ensure that we only accept requests to access and correct information from the person whom the information is about.